- This event has passed.
Agni mantras of Ṛg Veda – 19 & 20 June 5pm-7pm (CET) weekend workshop
June 19, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm€149
Agni is the most important, the most universal of the Vedic gods. The Rig Veda begins with a hymn to Agni. According to tradition, the japa or conscious repetition of this hymn reveals the knowledge Agni stands for.
The physical flame of Agni gives light all through the night amidst darkness and impels human beings to study or work. Similarly, the Divine Power of Agni is residing in every human being and pushing him towards progress.. Agni is the Divine Power or Will united with wisdom.
Agni is the mental force, will power, necessary for all action. it is Agni who makes the Divine knowledge of the Sun accessible to human beings.
Join us for this weekend workshop to learn the first hymn of 9 mantras in the Rig Veda dedicated to Agni. This hymn can be cultivated to be a beautiful daily practice, developing the power of the will within us, allowing us to do our work with supreme aspiration and keeping us untiringly on the path of yoga.
At the end of this workshop, students will:
- Have an Introduction to Ṛg Veda.
- Learn to chant the first 9 mantras of the Ṛg Veda.
- Gain an understanding of the devatā Agni and Agni’s symbolism.
- Learn how Agni can be used for inner transformation through mantra.
Workshop is suitable for all levels of students. If you are completely new to Vedic chanting, you may find learning these mantras challenging. You will however receive extensive resources to continue to practice after workshop closes.
19 & 20 June: 5pm-7pm Brussels CET
Workshop fee: 149€
Your workshop fee includes:
– A workbook, with the text for chanting, Vedic phonetics & meaning.
– Lifetime access to online course (Value €125) with extensive resources for practice – audio & video to help continue practice.
– Option to submit one recording through the online course for feedback.
– 4 hours of Live Zoom interactive classes – will also be recorded for future viewing if time-zones are not suitable.
Our Brussels Veda Studies community chanting Agni mantras: