- This event has passed.
Camakapraśnaḥ – April -Oct 2022 Sādhana
April 21, 2022 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm€490
Camakapraśnaḥ 6 month course
16 Live Zoom classes + self-paced study material
Live classes Thursdays – 4.30PM Brussels time
(please note Daylight saving time begins 27 March in Europe)
“Diving deeply into the Rudram brings īśvara into one’s life so that one comes out with namaḥ on one’s lips and īśvara in one’s heart.” – Swami Dayananda Saraswati
Rudram = Rudrapraśnaḥ + Camakapraśnaḥ
Exclusively open to students who have already studied Rudrapraśnaḥ (from any teacher, not necessarily with Veda Studies!!), this course which completes the “Rudram” is being offered as a 6 month study program (16 live classes on Thursdays) which will run from April 2022 – October 2022 (with August break from classes).
The Camakapraśnaḥ also consists of eleven sub-divisions called anuvākas. This hymn is generally recited after Rudrapraśnaḥ in which we ask Īśvara for very specific blessings.
Swami Dayananda Saraswati says “Suppose Bhagavān were to appear in front of you and ask what you want, you simply chant the Camakam!!”
Camakam therefore becomes a request to Īśvara in His own words, because it includes everything.
The course will run from April 2022 – October 2022, on specific Thursdays each month, except in August (no classes). Dates are currently tentative – they will be confirmed before bookings will open in January 2022.
At the end of this one year program, you will:
- Learn the complete chanting of the Camakapraśnaḥ along with all Vedic phonetic details. This is 11 Anuvākā-s or paragraphs.
- Learn the significance of this mantra in your life and an overall meaning of each section.
- Get individual turns practising with the teacher on Zoom in the weekly live classes.
- Ensure correct learning through sharing one recording a month with the teacher.
- Continue practicing Rudrapraśnaḥ as part of this course and build up your internal strength, breath & prāṇa.
Course level: Advanced
- Students should have studied Rudrapraśnaḥ from any teacher, not necessarily with Shantala.
- Familiarity with Veda chanting rules – anusvāra, visarga, doubling of conjunct, long syllable before conjunct etc. (all phonetic rules are always marked using the Veda Studies method, you are not expected to apply independently!).
- Can maintain svara & correct easily when given feedback (most important part of the eligibility!).
- Study is the equivalent of learning 1 Sūktam per month. (memorisation not expected).
- 5 days per week self-practice is essential.
- Please contact me if you wish to clarify your eligibility.
Vedic chanting rules are not taught in this course, but applied and practiced.
(You can listen to Shantala’s recitation of this mantra below!)
€449 until 28 Feb 2022, €490 after
(Payment plans available on request – please send an email to info@VedaStudies.com)
This online course includes:
- 16 LIVE classes on Zoom between April – October 2022. After each class, participants will receive the replay link (recording) from the class, which will be available for the duration of the course. Therefore, if you miss a class, you can catch up with the recording.
- A workbook is provided – with English transliteration & Devanāgari along with Veda Studies phonetic guide for each section.
- Audio recordings will be provided for practice in between classes on the Veda Studies platform.
- Evaluation of 1 recording per month, so you will receive individual feedback on your progress.
- Discussion area available on the Veda Studies platform.
- Teaching as taught by Vedic pundits in South-India.
Live Zoom class dates: 4.30pm Brussels time.
These dates are tentative and will be confirmed before course opens for registration in January 2022.
April: 21, 28
May: 12, 19
June: 02, 09, 16
July: 07, 14, 21
August: no classes
Sept: 08, 15, 29
Oct: 06, 13, 20
Camakapraśnaḥ recitation by Shantala: