- This event has passed.
Śrī Dakṣiṇāmūrti Stotram – Gurupūrṇimā course
June 15 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm€149
5 class Gurupūrṇimā course
Starting 15 June
11am NY | 5pm Brussels | 8.30pm India
An incarnation of Lord Śiva, Dakṣiṇāmūrti is considered the divine and ultimate Guru. Śiva as Dakṣiṇāmurti is presented as the source of all knowledge. The vigraha (form) is visualised and presented as the source of all knowledge. Īśvara appears in the form of a teacher. This is the special feature of this stotram. It is of special interest to traditional students of Vedanta as some of these verses are recited in the beginning and end of classes. We will complete this course on Gurupūrṇimā day.
At the end of 5 classes, you will:
- Learn to chant the Dakṣiṇāmurti stotram along with the Dhyāna śloka-s.
- Practice small excerpts of the chanting live with the teacher.
- Understand the symbolic significance of this stotram.
Course curriculum with dates:
- June 15 – Dhyāna Śloka-s
- June 22 – Dhyāna Śloka-s & verses 1,2,3 of stotram
- June 29 – Verses 4,5,6,7
- July 06 – Verses 8,9,10
- July 13 – Full practice and meaning high level overview.
All levels – Students of any level can join us as this is not Veda chanting. However, some chanting background is useful. The vocabulary and chanting method of this stotram is not entirely easy and will require some effort on the part of the learner, including self-practice between classes.
€149, including 5 live online classes, self-paced course with recordings & text in Devanāgari & English transliteration.
Course platform & resources included:
- Course will be taught on Zoom. Each week, participants will receive the replay link (recording) from the class, which will be available for the duration of the course. Therefore, if you miss a class or you are in a different time-zone, you can catch up with the recording.
- All students will receive lifetime access to the Dakṣiṇāmurti course (110€ value) self-paced course on the Veda Studies online platform – with audio recordings for practice and all Zoom replay links available here. This will be your study companion through the course and for future practice after course completion as well.
- Zoom classes are interactive, students will get a turn practising with the teacher real time for immediate feedback. This is not obligatory, if you prefer not to, it is not a problem!
- The text is provided – with English transliteration & Devanāgari;
- Please note: There will NOT BE any student recording evaluations on this course.
Śrī Dakṣiṇāmūrti Stotram – In praise of the teacher of teachers (Swami Dayananda Saraswati). This is only optional and not a course requirement. Please acquire from your favourite bookshop, this is only a recommendation!
Dakṣiṇāmūrti recitation by Shantala: