Developing conviction in our practice – Śraddha Sūktam
January 12, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm€90
Pic © By Makushin Alexey shutterstock
Start your New Year by setting the right intention for your yogic practice through the year. Tune into and work with your inner conviction through this beautiful hymn from the Vedas – Śraddha Sūktam
The English language does not do justice to the word Śraddha, the first of the four essential qualifications for the attainment of a high spiritual ideal – Samādhi. Śraddha is the firm conviction regarding the presence of Truth we seek within us and the efficacy of Yogic technique in enabling us to reach the goal.
Śraddha is the trust, the clarity of mind, when one sees things clearly, and one can understand which kind of endeavour best merits one’s trust. This faith sustains like a benevolent mother, supports the yogī until the very end. It is the source of indomitable energy or will.
In the Vedic literature, Śraddha is invoked and worshipped as if She is a Goddess. So we can awaken this conviction in our hearts and propel ourselves to our yogic goals.
I’m thrilled to offer this Sunday workshop, combining my personal study of the Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali and the recitation of the Vedas. We will study the Śraddha Sūktam and learn how to recite this beautiful hymn to the Goddess of conviction, who will accompany us on our yogic journey.
This course is suitable for all levels and beginners are very welcome! This is an especially wonderful course for aspiring yogīs and yoginīs.
We will learn word by word the recitation, including all nuances of Vedic phonetics and pronunciation and its meaning.
10AM – 11AM
– Śraddha in Yoga, what does it mean? What is the goal of yoga?
– Mantras 1 & 2, recitation & phonetics
11.00-11.15 : break
11.15 – 12.30PM
– Mantras 1 & 2 – meaning
– Mantras 3 & 4, recitation & phonetics
12.30 – 2PM – Lunch
– Not included in workshop fee
– Set menu will be organised at nearby Vegan restaurant
– To be paid directly to the restaurant
– Registered participants will receive details of menu & price
– You may also bring your own (vegetarian only) lunch if you prefer
2.00PM – 3.00PM
– Mantras 3 & 4 meaning
– Mantras 5 & 6, recitation & phonetics
3.00-3.15PM – break
3.15PM – 4.30PM
– Mantra 5 & 6 meaning
– Full mantra adhyayanam (practice)
– Guided mantra meditation
Workshop fee: 90EUR
Your workshop fee includes:
– A workbook, with the text for chanting, Vedic phonetics & meaning
– Lifetime access to online course material with recordings – audio & video to help continue practice
– Option to submit a recording for feedback through the online course
– Herbal teas & healthy snack/fruit during breaks
Your workshop fee does not include: Your lunch!
If you have any questions, email me: email@example.com
Registration mandatory to attend the workshop (Beginners welcome!). Invoice/receipt will be sent automatically to participants who register.