- This event has passed.
Overcoming troubles – Durgā Sūktam
September 22, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm€100
A course of 5 classes to learn the famous Durgā Sūktam, a mantra from the Veda-s recited to overcome difficulties encountered in our life.
This hymn of 5 mantras appears in the Mahānārāyaṇa Upaniṣat of the Yajur Veda, of which 4 mantras are also in the Ṛg Veda and addressed to Agni.
The Warrior Goddess Durgā is seen as having the lustre of Agni, the leader of our journey to perfection. We pray that Agni leads us to happiness overcoming all states of grief. We take refuge in Her, the Warrior Goddess Durgā, who is skilled in saving and takes us across difficulties with grace.
At the end of 5 classes, you will:
- Learn the complete Durgā Sūktam along with all Vedic phonetic details.
- Understand the meaning of each mantra along with some important key words.
- Learn the connection between Agni and Durgā.
- Practice chanting with the teacher on Zoom at least once (more if you wish).
Course curriculum with dates:
- Class 1 – 22nd Sept – Mantra-s 1 & 2 with meaning
- Class 2 – 29th Sept – Mantra-s 3 & 4 with meaning
- Class 3 – 6th Oct – Mantra-s 5 & 6 with meaning
- Class 4 – 13th Oct – Mantra-s 7 & 8 with meaning
- Class 5 – 20th Oct – Full practice
Intermediate – should have knowledge of rules of Veda chanting and practice of at least some short mantra-s at the beginner level. This course is suitable for all students who have completed the Veda chanting six weeks beginner’s course.
135€ (Self paced course of 110€ value free with this registration)
Please contact me via email, paying in instalments is possible if needed.
Course platform & resources:
- Course will be taught on Zoom. Each week, participants will receive the replay link (recording) from the class, which will be available for 1 week (until the next class). Therefore, if you miss a class, you can catch up with the recording.
- Texts are provided – in English transliteration & Devanagari along with meanings & detailed phonetic guides.
- All students will receive lifetime access to the Durgā Sūktam (110€ value) self-paced course on the Veda Studies online platform – with downloadable texts, audio and video recordings for practice in between classes. This will be your study companion through the course and for future practice after course completion as well.
- Zoom details will be sent to registered participants.
- Course fee includes also evaluation of 2 recordings (First recording – within the first 2 weeks of the course & second within 2 weeks after course ends).