- This event has passed.
Overview of the 4 Vedas
November 10, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am€110
Overview of the Vedas – Ṛg, Yajur, Sāma & Atharva
This is a course of 4 online classes via Zoom to have an overview of the Veda-s. Through structured presentations, illustrations and examples, this course will unfold the arrangement and content of these 4 divisions of the Vedas: Ṛg, Yajur, Sāma & Atharva.
Students will first be given an overview of the entire Vedic literature and how the Vedas are differentiated from other texts such as the Bhagavad Gīta, texts of Yoga and stories about gods and goddesses. After which, each of the 4 Veda divisions will be explained including similarities, differences, unique features and examples.
Students will also get an overview of the layers of the Vedas – the Saṃhitā, Brāhmaṇa, Āraṇyaka & Upaniṣads. Therefore, this course will be a complete overview of the Vedas.
At the end of these 4 classes, you will:
- Have an overview of the entire Vedic literature and see where the Vedas feature.
- Understand why the Veda-s are called “revealed texts” and what that means.
- Have an overview of the four divisions Veda-s, their similarities and differences.
- Briefly examine the content of each of the 4 Vedas.
- Have an overview also of the layers of Vedas – Samhitā, Brāhmaṇa, Āranyaka & Upaniṣads.
Course curriculum with dates:
- Class 1 – 10th Nov – Vedic literature overview & Ṛg Veda
- Class 2 – 17th Nov – Vedic literature continued & Yajur Veda
- Class 3 – 24th Nov – Sāma & Atharva Veda
- Class 4 – 1st Dec – Saṃhitā, Brāhmaṇa, Āraṇyaka & Upaniṣads
All levels (some basic knowledge of the Veda-s, familiarity with a few popular Veda mantras will help students relate to the content).
Those of you simply curious to learn more deeply about the Veda-s but have no chanting knowledge are welcome to join this course. It is not a chanting course, but a theoretical background to the arrangement, content and technicalities of these spiritual works.
110€ (Contact me via email if you need to pay in instalments, this can be arranged).
Course platform & resources:
Course will be taught on Zoom. Each week, participants will receive the replay link (recording) from the class, which will be available for the entire duration of the course. Therefore, if you miss a class, you can catch up with the recording.
Zoom details will be sent to registered participants.