- This event has passed.
Śānti – peace mantras weekend workshop
December 11, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm€129
Mantras for peace or Śānti mantras are a popular genre of mantras from the Veda recited to calm the mind and therefore calms one’s immediate environment in order to become receptive to the teaching of the Veda. This weekend workshop will introduce you to the nomenclature of the Veda with specific focus on where these peace mantras are presented and their significance. Most of the popular Śānti mantras are recited at the beginning of the Upaniṣads, but there is a wealth of peace mantras and Sūktams in other parts of the Veda. We will explore this in a systematic way.
Join me to end the year on a peaceful note and start the new year with peace!
- Discover the nomenclature of the Vedas (arrangement of the texts).
- Learn to chant 4 or 5 mantras for peace along with their meaning.
- Have an overview of all the peace mantras & hymns in the Veda.
- Understand that not all popular peace mantras are from the Veda! (with examples).
- Discover that many Upaniṣads are actually found in the Āraṇyaka layer of the Veda!
Mantras to chant:
Śam no mitraḥ – 2 versions from the Taittirīya Upaniṣat
€129 including several learning resources
Instalments & donation based participation possible if financially challenged, please send me an email.
11 & 12 December, Saturday & Sunday
11am-1pm EST | 5pm-7pm CET (Brussels) | 9.30pm-11.30pm IST
Advanced beginner/Intermediate: Theoretical part is suitable for all levels, the chanting will need some basic knowledge of Vedic phonetics (chanting rules).
Students will receive:
- A complete recording of the 4 hour workshop (2 hours each day) – which can be downloaded as well.
- A workbook with all the presentation material of the workshop, text for chanting in Devanāgari & English transliteration and meaning of the mantra.
- MP3s of the mantras – to continue practice.
- Interactive live workshop – students can ask questions and will also be invited to practice the mantra and receive feedback (and no problem if you don’t wish to chant live in class, just send me a message and I will not call you!)
- All of these resources will be organised in a structured self-paced course with lifetime access for students.