Open to all levels and especially suitable for beginners, the evening mantra meditation classes are usually held once a month on Friday evenings. Through these classes, you can learn various short mantras for peace (śānti mantras), the techniques for doing japa (repeating a mantra), the nuances of pronunciation, the Sanskrit alphabet to refine your practice and learn to work with mantra for inner transformation. The classes are usually a duration of 1 hour and you do not require any previous experience to join us.
Some of the outcomes of a mantra meditation class are:
- Experience the immediately calming benefit of repeating a mantra in a small group.
- Learn the correct pronunciation and meaning of important Vedic mantras.
- Learn about the different cosmic powers according to the Vedas and their psychological equivalent we awaken and develop through the practice.
- This is a great way to see if you wish to study a course which requires a longer time commitment from you.
- Start your weekend right!
Oṃ chanting: Study the significance of Oṃ as explained in texts like the Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali or the Bhagavad Gīta followed by a 30 minutes practice of chanting with the group.
Shanti Mantras: Learn various mantras for peace from the Upaniṣads, which help protect the reciter from agitations in three realms – internal, external and cosmic.
The Sanskrit syllables: This will be your greatest investment to a se
rious practice of mantra. Quite like a competent physiotherapist having a deep understanding of anatomy, we need to know the workings of the Sanskrit alphabet for an effective mantra practice.
The mantra meditation evenings are usually held once a month.