- This event has passed.
Conviction in your practice – śraddhā śūktam
June 8, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm€135
Tune into and work with your inner conviction through this beautiful hymn from the Vedas – Śraddha Sūktam
The English language does not do justice to the word Śraddha, the first of the four essential qualifications for the attainment of a high spiritual ideal – Samādhi. Śraddha is the firm conviction regarding the presence of Truth we seek within us and the efficacy of Yogic technique in enabling us to reach the goal.
Śraddha is the trust, the clarity of mind, when one sees things clearly, and one can understand which kind of endeavour best merits one’s trust. This faith sustains like a benevolent mother, supports the yogī until the very end. It is the source of indomitable energy or will.
In the Vedic literature, Śraddha is invoked and worshipped as if She is a Goddess. So we can awaken this conviction in our hearts and propel ourselves to our yogic goals.
I’m thrilled to offer this 4-part course, combining my personal study of the Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali and the recitation of the Vedas. We will study the Śraddha Sūktam and learn how to recite this beautiful hymn to the Goddess of conviction, who will accompany us on our yogic journey.
At the end of 4 classes, you will:
- Learn the complete Śraddhā Sūktam.
- Practice small excerpts of the chanting live with the teacher.
- Understand the symbolic significance of this mantra.
We will learn word by word the recitation, including all nuances of Vedic phonetics and pronunciation and its meaning.
Course curriculum with dates (11am-12noon CET):
Class 1: June 8 – Mantras 1 & 2; Śraddha in Yoga, what does it mean? What is the goal of yoga?
Class 2: June 15 – Mantras 3 & 4
Class 3: June 22 – Mantras 5 & 6
Class 4: June 29 – Full Sūktam practice & meaning
All levels – This course is suitable for all levels and beginners are very welcome! This is an especially wonderful course for aspiring yogīs and yoginīs.
€135 including 4 live classes, self-paced course with recordings, workbook & 1 recording evaluation.
Course platform & resources included:
– A workbook, with the text for chanting, Vedic phonetics & word by word meaning.
– Lifetime access to online course material with recordings – audio & video to help continue practice – extensive learning resources are included well beyond what is covered in the live classes (Value €110!!)
– Option to submit a recording for feedback at the end of the course (1 recording only).
– Course will be taught on Zoom. Each week, participants will receive the replay link (recording) from the class, which will be available for the duration of the course. Therefore, if you miss a class or you are in a different time-zone, you can catch up with the recording.
– Zoom classes are interactive, students will get a turn practising with the teacher real time for immediate feedback. This is not obligatory, if you prefer not to, it is not a problem!
Time zone not suitable?
You can still sign up for the course if the time zone isn’t suitable for live classes as all recordings will be made available and you will still be able to send in a recording for evaluation and keep up with the class.
Śraddhā Sūktam recording by Shantala: