- This event has passed.
Gaṇapati Atharvaśīrṣam (course has started but sign up possible)
June 6 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm€249
Starting 30 May – 7 classes
12.30pm NYC | 6.30pm Brussels | 10pm India
1 hour each class
Course has already started, if you sign up,
it will be with Class 1 via REPLAY
A course of 7 classes to learn the most powerful beautiful hymn on Ganeśa, the auspicious lord of beginnings and overcoming obstacles. I wish to offer this course now so that students can prepare to offer this chant during the Gaṇeśa festival in August!
The Ganapati Atharvaśīrṣa or Ganapati Upaniṣat, a late Vedic text, asserts that Ganeśa is the ultimate reality, Brahman. The beauty of this Upaniṣad is in its vivid and powerful description of Lord Gaṇapati (Ganeśa) as the primordial sound Oṃ.
“The entire universe originates from you,
The entire universe is sustained by you,
The entire universe (finally) dissolves in you
The entire universe merges in you”
“You are the earth, water, fire, air and space (5 elements)
You are the 4 levels of speech”
Endless beauty and power in this mantra:
- 7 Zoom classes on Tuesdays 6.30pm-7.30pm (Brussels time).
- Self paced detailed step by course online course (Value €125) on our platform VedaStudies.
- Workbook with text in English transliteration, Devanāgari and meaning of hymn.
- Optional recording submission through the course – submit upto 3 recordings & get detailed feedback.
- Zoom classes are interactive, students will get a turn practising with the teacher real time for immediate feedback. This is not obligatory, if you prefer not to, it is not a problem!
- Zoom classes are all recorded and will be made available to students unable to join the live classes.
Registered participants will receive the Zoom links & self-paced course enrolment!
€229 until May 15 (extended to 23 May!!), €249 after.
(Including live classes + self-paced course + 10 days practice during Ganesha festival!
If you have previously purchased the self-paced course or you wish to join a 2nd or 3rd time (for practice!), contact me for your course upgrade options (including joining only the last class for a full practice). You do not need to register with the full fee again!!
Course curriculum with dates:
- 30 May – Śānti mantra & Anuvāka – 1,2
- 06 June – Anuvāka 3,4,5
- 13 June – Anuvāka 6,7,8
- 20 June – Anuvāka 9,10
- 27 June – Phalaśruti – 1
- 04 July – Phalaśruti – 2 (We understand this is a US holiday, recording will be available!)
- 11 July – Significance and closing
Intermediate level. Students should know basic rules of chanting. It is possible for beginners to also join us if they are determined to work hard! :-).