- This event has passed.
Durgā Sūktam navarātri sādhana
September 6 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm€149
Durgā sūktam navarātri sādhana – 5 class course
Starting 6 Sept 2022
Tuesdays 12.30pm NY | 6.30pm Brussels | 8.30pm UAE
1 hour class each
11 times recitation of Durgā Sūktam on Oct 4!!!
In this navarātri sādhana you will learn the famous Durgā Sūktam, a mantra from the Veda-s recited to overcome difficulties encountered in our life. We will recite the Sūktam 11 times on Vijayadaśami – Oct 4!!!
This hymn of 5 mantras appears in the Mahānārāyaṇa Upaniṣat of the Yajur Veda, of which 4 mantras are also in the Ṛg Veda and addressed to Agni.
The Warrior Goddess Durgā is seen as having the lustre of Agni, the leader of our journey to perfection. We pray that Agni leads us to happiness overcoming all states of grief. We take refuge in Her, the Warrior Goddess Durgā, who is skilled in saving and takes us across difficulties with grace.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Learn the complete Durgā Sūktam along with all Vedic phonetic details.
- Understand the meaning of each mantra along with some important key words.
- Learn the connection between Agni and Durgā.
- Practice chanting with the teacher live on Zoom (if you don’t wish to, no problem!).
- Optional – send up to 2 recordings during the course for feedback on your chanting.
Course curriculum with dates:
- Sept 6 – Mantra-s 1 – 2
- Sept 13 – Mantras 3 – 4
- Sept 20 – Mantras 5 – 7
- Sept 27 – Mantras 8 & Significance of Sūktam
- Oct 4 – Vijayadaśami – 11 times chanting of Durgā Sūktam
Intermediate – Students should have knowledge of rules of Veda chanting and practice of at least some short mantra-s at the beginner level. You will receive extensive resources to continue practice after course closes as well. Not suitable for complete beginners unless you are willing to work really hard!
€149 (Self paced course of 110€ value free with this registration)
If you have signed up for the self-paced or would like to take this course again, contact me for an “upgrade” – you don’t need to register with full fee again.
Course platform & resources:
- Course will be taught on Zoom. If the time/schedule of this class is not suitable, replays of the entire workshop will be made available.
- Workbook is provided with text – in English transliteration & Devanāgari along with meaning & detailed phonetic guides.
- All students will receive lifetime access to the Durgā Sūktam (110€ value) self-paced course on the Veda Studies online platform – with extensive practice material, audio and video recordings.
- Course fee includes also evaluation of 2 recording to be submitted during the course.