- This event has passed.
Srī Sūktam – Beauty, harmony & abundance
October 11 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm€149
Śrī Sūktam dīpāvalī sādhana
12.30pm NY | 6.30pm Brussels | 8.30pm UAE
5 classes, 1 hour each, starting 11 Oct
A course of 5 classes to learn the famous Śrī Sūktam, a mantra from the Veda-s recited to welcome Śrī or Lakṣmī, all that is beautiful, harmonious, blissful and nourishing into our lives. We plan this course just in time for Diwali, the festival of light, when goddess Lakṣmī is traditionally worshipped.
“Lakṣmī throws the spell of the intoxicating sweetness of the divine; to be close to her is a profound happiness and to feel her within the heart is to make existence a rapture and a marvel; grace and charm and tenderness flow out from her like light from the sun and wherever she fixes her wonderful gaze or lets fall the loveliness of her smile, the soul is seized and made captive and plunged into the depths of an unfathomable bliss.” – Sri Aurobindo
Please note: Sūktam will be taught as I received from my teachers The Challakere Brothers. This Sūktam is taught with different svara-s in various traditions as it is a khila-Sūktam (added later) therefore variations in svara are accepted depending on tradition.
At the end of 5 classes, you will:
- Learn the complete Śrī Sūktam along with all Vedic phonetic details.
- Understand the meaning of each mantra along with some important key words useful for personal reflection and growth.
- Learn the significance of wealth in the Vedas.
- Practice chanting excerpts with the teacher on Zoom at least once (more if you wish).
Course curriculum with dates:
Class 1: Oct 11 – Mantras 1-4
Class 2: Oct 18 – Mantras 5-7
Class 3: Oct 25 – Mantras 8-11
Class 4: Nov 1 – Mantras 12-15
Class 5: Nov 8 – Significance
Intermediate – students should have knowledge of rules of Veda chanting and practice of at least some short mantra-s at the beginner level. The teaching will be quite fast paced and may be challenging if you do not have previous Vedic chanting experience.
€149 (Self paced course of 110€ value free with this registration)
If you have signed up for the self-paced or would like to take this course again, contact me for an “upgrade” – you don’t need to register with full fee again.
Course platform & resources:
- Course will be taught on Zoom. Each week, participants will receive the replay link (recording) from the class. Therefore, if you miss a class, you can catch up with the recording.
- Texts are provided – in English transliteration & Devanagari along with meanings & detailed phonetic guides.
- All students will receive lifetime access to the Śrī Sūktam (110€ value) self-paced course on the Veda Studies online platform – with downloadable texts, audio and video recordings for practice in between classes. This will be your study companion through the course and for future practice after course completion as well.
- Zoom details will be sent to registered participants.
- Course fee includes also evaluation of 2 recordings (If students are unable to attend the live classes, up to 3 recordings can be agreed to ensure learning).
Time zone not suitable?
You can still sign up for the course if the time zone isn’t suitable for live classes as all recordings will be made available and you will still be able to send in up to 3 recordings (only for those not joining live classes each week) for evaluation and keep up with the class.
Shantala’s chanting of Śrī Sūktam: