- This event has passed.
Veda chanting – foundation certificate course
September 20 @ 5:00 pm - 6:15 pm€249
6 LIVE Zoom classes (all recorded for those in different time-zones)
11am NY | 5pm Brussels | 8.30pm India
3 Self-paced courses for practice & additional study material – lifetime access
Weekly evaluation with individual feedback
Detailed workbook with accurate mantra text + word by word meaning
Certificate of completion
I’m happy to offer this popular Foundation Program for Vedic chanting to give the best initiation to beginners to the practice. Through these 6 weeks of Live classes and guided self-study, students will understand how to get started with Vedic chanting as taught by Pundits of South India. If you wish to study seriously in this lineage (The Challakere Brothers), this course must be studied.
This program is suitable for:
- Students completely new to Vedic chanting.
- Those who may have studied some chanting but would like to benefit from getting feedback on their practice.
- Students who would like a structured initiation to Vedic chanting & rules as taught in the living lineage of The Challakere Brothers.
- Students who would like to prepare for Sūktam (intermediate level) classes or have a long term view of teaching chanting.
- Those curious and looking to understand the Vedas.
- You wish to clarify all your doubts – is it Brah-ma or Bram-Ha, difference between singing/Veda, how/when to breathe etc.
At the end of this program, students will
- Gain confidence in the basics of Vedic chanting.
- Understand clearly the tonal, rhythmic nature of Vedic chanting and how it is different from music.
- Learn the basics of the Sanskrit alphabet to help the chanting practice.
- Establish understanding of the most important Vedic chanting rules.
- Learn how to organise your practice and develop a daily practice of chanting.
- Learn the most important mantras for beginners – Mantras for peace & invocatory mantras.
- Submit up to 6 recordings to receive feedback on their progress.
- Receive a certificate of completion.
Program dates and details (all classes at 17h00-18h15 Brussels time):
Sept 20 – Tonal exercises + Śānti mantra
Sept 27 – Sanskrit alphabet + Gāyatrī mantra (1h30 minutes class!)
Oct 04 – Invocation – Gaṇapati mantra + chanting rules
Oct 11 – Invocation – Sarasvatī mantra + chanting rules
Oct 18 – Introduction to Vedas + Śanti mantra
Oct 25 – How to do japa + Mahāmṛtyuñjaya mantra
(additional mantras possible based on individual progress)
- saha nāvavatu (Peace mantra)
- pūrṇamadaḥ (Peace mantra)
- gaṇapati prārthana (Invocation)
- sarasvatī prārthana (Invocation)
- Gāyatrī & Mahāmṛtyuñjaya mantra (Mantras for liberation)
- Additional mantras may be offered to students who may already know some of these mantras or are learning at a fast pace.
In my experience, most students who have felt they already know these mantras have had to relearn with accurate details and Vedic phonetics!
Your course includes:
- Workbook with step by step instructions on the program, chanting text, word by word meanings of mantras and questions for reflection. (value €25)
- Self paced courses (with complete learning resources & lifetime access):
Veda chanting essentials (value €35)
Veda chanting – a comprehensive program (value €175)
Invocatory prayers (value €45)
- Zoom live sessions – 6 (value €150)
- Assignment evaluation – 6 recordings over 6 weeks will be evaluated. (value €120)
- Certificate of completion
Total value of program: €550
Special program fee being offered: €249
Replay from the introduction class on 19 Oct 2021: