- This event has passed.
Veda chanting – foundation certificate course
March 15, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 6:15 pm€249
5 LIVE Zoom classes (all recorded for those in different time-zones)
12noon (15/22 March) & 11am EST from 29 March | 5pm CET | 9.30pm & 8.30pm IST
3 Self-paced courses for practice & additional study material – lifetime access
Weekly evaluation with individual feedback
Detailed workbook with accurate mantra text + word by word meaning
Certificate of completion
I’m excited to offer this Foundation Program for Vedic chanting to give the best initiation to beginners to the practice. Through these 5 weeks of Live classes and guided self-study, students will understand how to get started with Vedic chanting as taught by Pundits of South India.
This program is suitable for:
- Students completely new to Vedic chanting.
- Those who may have studied some chanting but would like to benefit from getting feedback on their practice.
- Students who would like a structured initiation to Vedic chanting & rules as taught by Pundits in south India.
- Students who would like to prepare for Sūktam (intermediate level) classes.
- Those curious and looking to understand the Vedas.
- You wish to clarify all your doubts – is it Brah-ma or Bram-Ha, difference between singing/Veda, how/when to breathe etc.
At the end of this program, students will
- Gain confidence in the basics of Vedic chanting.
- Understand clearly the tonal, rhythmic nature of Vedic chanting and how it is different from music.
- Learn the basics of the Sanskrit alphabet to help the chanting practice.
- Establish understanding of the most important Vedic chanting rules.
- Learn how to organise your practice and develop a daily practice of chanting.
- Learn the most important mantras for beginners – Mantras for peace & invocatory mantras.
- Submit up to 6 recordings to receive feedback on their progress.
- Receive a certificate of completion.
Program dates and details (all classes at 17h00-18h15 Brussels time):
March 15 – Tonal exercises + Śānti mantra
March 22 – Sanskrit alphabet + Śānti mantra (1h30 minutes class!)
March 29 – Invocation – Gaṇapati mantra + chanting rules
April 05 – Invocation – Sarasvatī mantra + chanting rules
April 12 – Introduction to Vedas + Śanti mantra
Self-study: Gāyatrī & Mahāmṛtyuñjaya mantra
Please note EU changes clocks on March 27 for summertime – therefore those in countries outside the EU must note changes relevant for them. US students – you change clocks on 13 March, therefore on March 15/22 – it will be 12noon Eastern time, then change to 11am EST from March 29). In countries that don’t change clocks, note how it affects you for classes from March 29. Please use https://www.timeanddate.com/ to check. This is a confusing time!!
- saha nāvavatu (Peace mantra)
- pūrṇamadaḥ (Peace mantra)
- gaṇapati prārthana (Invocation)
- sarasvatī prārthana (Invocation)
- saṃ no mitraḥ (Peace mantra)
- Gāyatrī & Mahāmṛtyuñjaya mantra (self-study)!! (Mantras for liberation)
- Additional mantras will be offered to students who may already know some of these mantras.
In my experience, most students who have felt they already know these mantras have had to relearn with accurate details and Vedic phonetics!
Your course includes:
- Workbook with step by step instructions on the program, chanting text, word by word meanings of mantras and questions for reflection. (value €20)
- Self paced courses (with complete learning resources & lifetime access):
Veda chanting essentials (value €35)
Veda chanting – a comprehensive program (value €175)
Invocatory prayers (value €45)
- Zoom live sessions – 5 (value €100)
- Assignment evaluation – 6 recordings over 5 weeks will be evaluated. (value €120)
- Certificate of completion
Total value of program: €495
Special program fee: Early bird: €229 until March 07, €249 after.
Replay from the introduction class on 19 Oct: