Mahālakṣmī aṣṭakam – dīpāvalī workshop
October 22 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm€39
Mahālakṣmī aṣṭakam – celebrating Diwali
Saturday Oct 22
10am NY | 4pm Brussels | 7.30pm India
2.5 hours workshop
Mahālakṣmi Aṣṭakam from the Padma Purāṇa is an inspiring prayer devoted to Goddess Lakṣmī to invite abundance and beauty into our lives. Said to have been recited by Indra, the Goddess is exclaimed as an enchantress and the verses describe incredible visualisations that mesmerise the devotee. She grants success, intelligence & knowledge leading to liberation.
Join me to learn these 11 verses, understand what an aṣṭakam is and offer your sādhana to Goddess Lakṣmī during the festival of Diwali when She is celebrated. You will have resources to continue practising after the workshop.
At the end of this weekend workshop, you will:
- Learn the hymn Mahālakṣmī aṣṭakam – following chandas (meter) and honouring Sanskrit pronunciation.
- Understand the significance of this hymn.
- Offer your sādhana during the auspicious time of Diwali.
All levels – some background in Sanskrit chanting will be useful, but beginners are most welcome! This is not Veda chanting, therefore more accessible to all levels.
€39 until 17 Oct, €49 after.
(For students facing financial constraints, please write to me for a donation based participation)
Course platform & resources:
- Workshop will be taught on Zoom. If the time/schedule of this class is not suitable, replay of the entire workshop will be made available.
- Workbook is provided with text – in English transliteration & Devanāgari along with meaning.
- All students will receive lifetime access to a self-paced course with workshop recording & additional learning resources.