- This event has passed.
Overcoming troubles – Durgā Sūktam (weekend workshop)
October 9, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm€149
Introduction – weekend navarātri sādhana
In this weekend intensive you will learn the famous Durgā Sūktam, a mantra from the Veda-s recited to overcome difficulties encountered in our life.
This hymn of 5 mantras appears in the Mahānārāyaṇa Upaniṣat of the Yajur Veda, of which 4 mantras are also in the Ṛg Veda and addressed to Agni.
The Warrior Goddess Durgā is seen as having the lustre of Agni, the leader of our journey to perfection. We pray that Agni leads us to happiness overcoming all states of grief. We take refuge in Her, the Warrior Goddess Durgā, who is skilled in saving and takes us across difficulties with grace.
At the end of this weekend workshop, you will:
- Learn the complete Durgā Sūktam along with all Vedic phonetic details.
- Understand the meaning of each mantra along with some important key words.
- Learn the connection between Agni and Durgā.
- Practice chanting with the teacher on Zoom at least once (more if you wish).
Workshop curriculum with dates:
(11am-1pm EST | 5-7pm CET | 8.30-10.30pm IST). Other time zones: https://www.timeanddate.com/
- Day 1 – Oct 9 – Mantra-s 1 – 5 with meaning
- Day 2 – Oct 10 – Mantras 6-8 & full practice with meaning
Intermediate – Students should have knowledge of rules of Veda chanting and practice of at least some short mantra-s at the beginner level. Since it is a weekend intensive, learning takes place at a faster pace than our Tuesday Sūktam courses, please be prepared to work hard! 🙂 You will receive extensive resources to continue practice after workshop closes.
€149 (Self paced course of 110€ value free with this registration)
Please contact me via email, paying in instalments is possible if needed.
Course platform & resources:
- Course will be taught on Zoom. If the time/schedule of this class is not suitable, replays of the entire workshop will be made available.
- Workbook is provided with text – in English transliteration & Devanāgari along with meaning & detailed phonetic guides.
- All students will receive lifetime access to the Durgā Sūktam (110€ value) self-paced course on the Veda Studies online platform – with extensive practice material, audio and video recordings.
- Course fee includes also evaluation of 1 recording to be submitted within 2 weeks after workshop date.