- This event has passed.
Prātaḥ smaraṇam – morning reflections (Śaṅkara)
June 10 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm€49
Prātaḥ smaraṇam – a workshop
Saturday 10 June
10am NY | 4pm Brussels | 7.30pm India
1.5 hours workshop
This morning prayer of only three verses, directs our mind, speech and body to the Absolute. Chanted in the morning, dawn becomes the outer symbol of our inner awakening and sets the tone for how the rest of the day could potentially unfold for us.
Composed by Śaṅkaracārya, this prayer captures the essence of Vedanta in just three masterful verses. Join us to learn these verses, their significance and the role of prayer in one’s life.
At the end of this weekend workshop, you will:
- Learn the hymn Prātaḥ smaraṇam – following chandas (meter) and honouring Sanskrit pronunciation.
- Understand the significance of this hymn.
- Understand the role of prayer in one’s life.
All levels – some background in Sanskrit chanting will be useful, but beginners are most welcome! This is not Veda chanting, therefore more accessible to all levels.
€39 until 30 May (EXTENDED to 4 June!!!), €49 after : including live workshop + replay (permanent access) + workbook + audio lessons for learning.
(For students facing financial constraints, please write to me for a donation based participation)
Course platform & resources:
- Workshop will be taught on Zoom. If the time/schedule of this class is not suitable, replay of the entire workshop will be made available.
- Workbook is provided with text – in English transliteration & Devanāgari along with meaning.
- All students will receive lifetime access to a self-paced course with workshop recording & additional learning resources.