Śrī Rudram – 1 year Sādhana
March 11 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm€110 – €990
“Diving deeply into the Rudram brings īśvara into one’s life so that one comes out with namaḥ on one’s lips and īśvara in one’s heart.” – Swami Dayananda Saraswati
I’m excited to offer a one year study program on learning to the chant the most famous mantra & prayer to Lord Śiva or Rudra. Considered the most important sādhana a yogī can undertake, it provides the means for gaining eligibility for the knowledge unfolded by the mantra, revealing the truth of oneself. This hymn is considered to be very efficacious in neutralising the result of wrong actions.
Śrī Rudram consists of eleven sub-divisions called anuvākas. This hymn is a source of inspiration for the famous genre of nāmāvalis (name mantras). Even in the Vedas, one does not see a section like Śrī Rudram consisting of many names of the divine along with the word, namaḥ, salutation. The famous five-syllabled mantra namaśśivāya, is from this great hymn.
We start the course on the auspicious occasion of Śivarātri, March 11th 2021
The course will run from March 2021 – February 2022, on three Thursdays each month, except in August (no classes). Additional practice classes maybe scheduled. The study program has been carefully designed, with enough breaks to allow time for self-practice.
At the end of this one year program, you will:
- Learn the complete chanting of the Srī Rudram along with all Vedic phonetic details. This is 11 Anuvākā-s or paragraphs along with a 12th closing paragraph.
- Learn the significance of this mantra in your life and an overall meaning of each section.
- Get individual turns practising with the teacher on Zoom in the weekly live classes.
- Ensure correct learning through sharing a recording with the teacher twice a month.
- Be able to practice Śrī Rudram independently!
Course level: Advanced
- Students should have at least 2 – years consistent practice of Vedic chanting.
- Should know at least 2 Sūktams.
- Familiarity with Veda chanting rules – doubling of conjunct, long syllable before conjunct etc.
- Can maintain svara & correct easily when given feedback.
- Study is the equivalent of learning 1 Sūktam per month.
- 5 days per week self-practice is essential.
- Please contact me if you wish to clarify your eligibility.
(You can listen to Shantala’s recitation of this mantra below!)
€110 per month from March 2021 to February 2022 (except August)
€990 for full course (2 months free)
Those choosing a monthly plan will receive a payment link each month, except in August. (Monthly plan is not for “trying” the course, it is only for financial convenience).
***Please note that by default when you add either ticket to your cart, both tickets gets added, please manually delete one before completing payment. We are trying to fix this issue!!***
This online course includes:
- Three LIVE classes on Zoom each month (dates below). After each class, participants will receive the replay link (recording) from the class, which will be available for 2 weeks. Therefore, if you miss a class, you can catch up with the recording.
- A workbook is provided – with English transliteration & Devanāgari along with Veda Studies phonetic guide for each section.
- Audio recordings will be provided for practice in between classes on Veda Studies.
- Evaluation of 2 recordings per month, so you will receive individual feedback on your progress.
- A private group, on our new study & community platform (no Facebook!) for questions & discussions – Launch date to be confirmed.
- Veda Studies App, with the ability to practice from your phone! All course and community features will be accessible through the App. Launch date to be confirmed.
- Teaching of the Śrī Rudram as taught by Vedic pundits in South-India.
I highly recommend getting Śrī Rudram, by Swami Dayananda Saraswati, the best translation & commentary of this mantra along with word by word meaning. The workbook included in this course does not provide word by word translation. (Students have to procure on their own copy of the book, this is not included in your course).
Live Zoom class dates:
March: 11, 18, 25
April: 1, 22, 29
May: 6, 20, 27
June: 3, 10, 17
July: 8, 15, 22
August: no classes
Sept: 9, 16, 23
Oct: 7, 14, 21
Nov: 11, 18, 25
Dec: 2, 9, 16
Jan 2022: 13, 20, 27
Feb 2022: 3, 10, 17