- This event has passed.
Sūrya – finding your inner light
March 9 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm€85
A course of 3 classes with an introduction to Ṛg Veda, the oldest spiritual literature in the world as well as the study and chanting of a beautiful healing mantra to Sūrya, the symbol of the highest light and truth. The mantra reveals to us that Sūrya leads us to the Truth and Immortality, the final aim of the Vedic discipline. This mantra is often referred to as the Sūryanamaskāra mantra. The Ṛṣi-s of the Vedic ages understood the importance of physical health in the pursuit of the Vedic goal and prayed to the Sun, to remove all malady from the body, expressed through their high calibre poetry we know as Veda mantras.
At the end of 3 classes, you will:
- Have an introduction to Ṛg Veda and its fundamental concepts.
- Learn the chanting Sūryanamaskāra mantra, suitable for all levels including beginners.
- Understand the Vedic deity Sūrya and the symbolism of Sūrya.
Course curriculum with dates:
- 9 March – Introduction to Ṛg Veda & practice Sūrya namaskāra mantra 1-6
(no class on March 16!!)
- 23 March – Sūrya namaskāra mantra 7-12
- 30 March – Sūrya namaskāra mantra full practice + significance of mantra
All levels – Students of any level can join us, beginners are most welcome. All rules of chanting will be explained and the mantra is not very long.
85€ including live classes + self paced course + evaluation + workbook
Course platform & resources included:
- Course will be taught on Zoom. Each week, participants will receive the replay link (recording) from the class, which will be available for the duration of the course. Therefore, if you miss a class, you can catch up with the recording.
- Zoom classes are interactive, students will get a turn practising with the teacher real time for immediate feedback. This is not obligatory, if you prefer not to, it is not a problem!
- A workbook is provided – with English transliteration & Devanāgari along with meanings & detailed phonetic guides.
- All students will receive lifetime access to the Sūryanamaskāra mantra course (70€ value) self-paced course on the Veda Studies online platform – with downloadable texts, audio and video recordings for practice in between classes. This will be your study companion through the course and for future practice after course completion as well.
- Zoom details will be sent to registered participants.
- Course fee includes also evaluation of 1 recording at the end of the course.
Sūryanamaskāra mantra recitation by Shantala