Srī Sūktam – Beauty, harmony & abundance
November 10 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm€115
A course of 6 classes to learn the famous Śrī Sūktam, a mantra from the Veda-s recited to welcome Śrī or Lakṣmī, all that is beautiful, harmonious, blissful and nourishing into our lives. We plan this course just in time for Diwali, the festival of light, when goddess Lakṣmī is traditionally worshipped.
“Lakṣmī throws the spell of the intoxicating sweetness of the divine; to be close to her is a profound happiness and to feel her within the heart is to make existence a rapture and a marvel; grace and charm and tenderness flow out from her like light from the sun and wherever she fixes her wonderful gaze or lets fall the loveliness of her smile, the soul is seized and made captive and plunged into the depths of an unfathomable bliss.” – Sri Aurobindo
At the end of 6 classes, you will:
- Learn the complete Śrī Sūktam along with all Vedic phonetic details.
- Understand the meaning of each mantra along with some important key words useful for personal reflection and growth.
- Learn the significance of wealth in the Vedas.
- Practice chanting with the teacher on Zoom at least once (more if you wish). All students will get a turn practising with the teacher.
Course curriculum with dates:
10th Nov – Mantras 1-3
17th Nov – Mantras 4-6
24th Nov – Mantras 7-9
1st Dec – Mantras 10-12
8th Dec – Mantras 13-15
15th Dec – Srī Sūktam meaning & full practice
Intermediate – should have knowledge of rules of Veda chanting and practice of at least some short mantra-s at the beginner level. This course is suitable for all students who have completed the Veda chanting six weeks beginner’s course.
115€ until 31st Oct 135€ after (Self paced course of 110€ value free with this registration)
Please contact me via email, paying in instalments is possible if needed.
Course platform & resources:
- Course will be taught on Zoom. Each week, participants will receive the replay link (recording) from the class, which will be available for 1 week (until the next class). Therefore, if you miss a class, you can catch up with the recording.
- Texts are provided – in English transliteration & Devanagari along with meanings & detailed phonetic guides.
- All students will receive lifetime access to the Śrī Sūktam (110€ value) self-paced course on the Veda Studies online platform – with downloadable texts, audio and video recordings for practice in between classes. This will be your study companion through the course and for future practice after course completion as well.
- Zoom details will be sent to registered participants.
- Course fee includes also evaluation of 2 recordings (First recording – within the first 2 weeks of the course & second within 2 weeks after course ends).