Sunday workshop: Mantra for health & well-being
March 29 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm€90
Pic: © RealityImages shutterstock
A one day workshop to learn a beautiful mantra from the Yajur Veda called Laghunyāsaḥ
This mantra is a prayer to the natural elements – Fire, Wind, Sun, Moon, Earth, etc to sustain the health of our organs and human body functions. Deeper reflection and contemplation on the meaning of this mantra profoundly changes our notion of ourselves and others as we start to see ourselves as representing totality.
This course is very suitable for beginners and all levels interested in the exploration of sound (of the Vedas) as a tool in meditation and well-being.
10AM – 11AM
– Introduction to Laghunyāsaḥ and the context in which it is recited (Rudram)
– Mantras 1- 4, recitation, phonetics & meaning
11.00-11.15 : break
11.15 – 12.30PM
– Mantras 5 – 8, recitation, phonetics & meaning
12.30 – 2PM – Lunch
– Not included in workshop fee
– Set menu will be organised at nearby Vegan restaurant
– To be paid directly to the restaurant
– Registered participants will receive details of menu & price
– You may also bring your own (vegetarian only) lunch if you prefer
2.00PM – 3.00PM
– Mantras 9-12, recitation, phonetics & meaning
3.00-3.15PM – break
3.15PM – 4.30PM
– Mantra 13, recitation, phonetics & meaning
– Full mantra adhyayanam (practice)
Workshop fee: 90EUR
Your workshop fee includes:
– A workbook, with the text for chanting, Vedic phonetics & meaning
– Lifetime access to online course material with recordings – audio & video to help continue practice
– Option to submit a recording for feedback through the online course
– Herbal teas & healthy snack/fruit during breaks
Your workshop fee does not include: Your lunch!
If you have any questions, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration mandatory to attend the workshop (Beginners welcome!). Invoice/receipt will be sent automatically to participants who register.
The course is suitable for all levels and beginners are welcome. We will go over the recitation word by word, with all nuances of Vedic phonetics discussed for your clarity and knowledge. Deeper meaning of the hymn will be explained.