- This event has passed.
Invocatory mantras & Gāyatrī – Vedic chanting workshop Brussels!
February 21 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm€110
After a break of a little over 6 months, here is finally a workshop in person, in Brussels to initiate beginners to Veda chanting with the most beautiful mantras to Gaṇeśa, Saravati as well learn and practice the Gāyatrī mantra.
Vedas are the knowledge, collective experience and wisdom of over 400 Ṛṣi-s or Seers who through their intense personal evolution, were able to access the “truth” and transcribe it into mantras for the benefit of all. In this one day workshop, we will give our beginners the best start to understanding the basics of the practice of Veda chanting.
10AM – 11AM
– What are the Vedas?
– Gaṇapati Prārthanā – Gaṇeśa mantra for invocation
11.00-11.15 : break
11.15 – 12.30PM
– Sarasvati Prārthanā – Sarasvati mantra for invocation
– Why do we recite invocation mantras?
12.30 – 2PM – Break for Lunch
– Please bring/arrange for yourself a light vegetarian lunch.
– The studio is right in front of Jardin du Roi – you could take your lunch to the park.
– Unfortunately due to COVID measures, we are not arranging lunch at any restaurant like we used to. But I hope you will enjoy a quiet break and a walk around the neighbourhood (ponds of Ixelles, Abbaye de la Cambre nearby).
2.00PM – 3.00PM
– Sanskrit alphabet introduction
– Basic rules of chanting
3.00-3.15PM – break
3.15PM – 4.30PM
– Gāyatrī mantra chanting & meaning
– 108 times japa (repetition) of Gāyatrī
Workshop fee: 110EUR
Your workshop fee includes:
– A workbook, with the text for chanting, Vedic phonetics & meaning
– Lifetime access to 2 online courses with recordings – audio & video to help continue practice
– Option to submit your recording within 2 weeks after completion of workshop. You will receive detailed feedback on your progress.
What to bring:
– Please note that the studio no longer provides mats/cushions. Please bring a mat to sit on as well as a cushion for your comfort. A full day seated workshop can be challenging, make sure you have this!
– We have the possibility to keep several windows open in our venue for good ventilation. Therefore, please bring a warm sweater or shawl so we can leave the windows open!
– Bring a pencil/pen to write.
– Bring your full attention and energy 🙂
– We will follow the rules stipulated by the Belgian government.
– Registered participants will receive information and instructions via email.
– We will ventilate the room as often as possible, weather permitting, even leave several windows open.
If you have any questions, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration mandatory to attend the workshop. Invoice/receipt will be sent automatically to participants who register.