Annapūrṇa stotram – honouring our source of food
April 15, 2023 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm€39
Annapūrṇa stotram – a workshop
Saturday April 15
10am NY | 4pm Brussels | 7.30pm India
2 hours workshop
This well known hymn composed by Śaṅkarācārya honours our source of food, our lifeline, our most basic requirement to live this embodied life. In this workshop we will understand “anna” or food, as described in ancient texts and learn to chant the 12 verses of this beautiful hymn. Understand its significance is said to create a sense of humility in the devotee.
At the end of this weekend workshop, you will:
- Learn the hymn Annapūrṇa stotram – following chandas (meter) and honouring Sanskrit pronunciation.
- Understand the significance of this hymn.
- Learn the significance of Anna or food, as described in ancient texts.
All levels – some background in Sanskrit chanting will be useful, but beginners are most welcome! This is not Veda chanting, therefore more accessible to all levels.
€39 until 21 March, €49 from 22 March : including live workshop + replay (permanent access) + workbook + audio lessons for learning.
(For students facing financial constraints, please write to me for a donation based participation)
Course platform & resources:
- Workshop will be taught on Zoom. If the time/schedule of this class is not suitable, replay of the entire workshop will be made available.
- Workbook is provided with text – in English transliteration & Devanāgari along with meaning.
- All students will receive lifetime access to a self-paced course with workshop recording & additional learning resources.