- This event has passed.
Guru stotram – Gurupūrṇimā celebration
July 3 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm€49
Guru stotram – Gurupūrṇimā workshop
Monday 03 July
10am NY | 4pm Brussels | 7.30pm India
2 hours workshop
The very popular śloka, gururbrahmā gururviṣṇuḥ gururdevo maheśvaraḥ forms part of the Guru Stotram, a composition presented in the Guru Gītā. It is considered the means to connect with one’s personal Guru and understand the Guru principle, creating the conditions to invite transformative teachings into one’s life.
In this workshop, an overview of the Guru Gītā will be presented, an excerpt from the larger Skanda Purāṇa. We will learn to recite 15 verses of the Guru stotram and understand its significance. I will go over the frequently asked pronunciation questions – is it viṣṇuḥ or viṣnur, is it brahma or brahmā etc and also address the tradition of study with a Guru – my own personal and practical approach!
At the end of this weekend workshop, you will:
- Learn the hymn Guru Stotram – following chandas (meter) and honouring Sanskrit pronunciation.
- Understand the significance and source of this hymn.
- Have an overview of the Guru Gītā
All levels – some background in Sanskrit chanting will be useful, but beginners are most welcome! This is not Veda chanting, therefore more accessible to all levels.
€39 until 15 June (EXTENDED TO 23 JUNE!!), €49 from 24 June : including live workshop + replay (permanent access) + workbook + audio lessons for learning.
(For students facing financial constraints, please write to me for a donation based participation)
Course platform & resources:
- Workshop will be taught on Zoom. If the time/schedule of this class is not suitable, replay of the entire workshop will be made available.
- Workbook is provided with text – in English transliteration & Devanāgari along with meaning.
- All students will receive lifetime access to a self-paced course with workshop recording & additional learning resources.