- This event has passed.
Practice practicalities – japa & pārāyaṇa
January 30 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Monday 30 January
11am NY | 5pm Brussels | 9.30pm India
1 hour FREE class
Replay will be sent to registered participants
Some of the key practices taught at Veda Studies include Japa (repetition of mantra), Pārāyaṇa (one time recitation of longer hymns), Upāsana (practices including saṅkalpa, prāṇāyāma, japa & contemplation).
We are always receiving emails from students with questions like:
- How many times should I repeat my mantra? Does it have to be 108?
- How should I prepare for my practice? What are some basic protocols to follow?
- What direction should I face during my practice?
- Is there a mantra for forgiveness (kṣama prārthana) that I should recite when I end?
- Are there days to refrain from practice? What are these days?
- Do I have to practice in a seated posture? Do I have to sit on a mat on the floor?
- Is there a dress code?
- What is the instruction for practice during menstruation?
- During silent Japa do I still have to follow “svara”?
- What times of the day should I practice? Is it true that one should not practice after sunset?
- What are the recommended lifestyle recommendations for a Veda student?
Join me for this FREE class where I will address these practices and these frequently asked questions. If you would like further questions address, send them in to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to include it in this class or in a future class!