- This event has passed.
Śivamānasa pūja – Śivarātri workshop
February 4 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm€49
Śivamānasa pūja – creating an inner altar
Saturday Feb 04
10am NY | 4pm Brussels | 8.30pm India
2 hours workshop
Śivamānasa pūja is the mental performance of all the steps of a Pūja traditionally performed physically at an altar, thereby, creating an inner altar through this process. Composed by Śrī Śaṅkarācārya, this chant teaches us how to do a pūja quite vividly in our mind.
Join me to learn these 5 verses, understand their significance in prayer is and offer your mānasika pūja to Lord Śiva during the festival of Śivarātri that follows later in the month. You will have resources to continue practising after the workshop.
At the end of this weekend workshop, you will:
- Learn the hymn Śivamānasa pūja – following chandas (meter) and honouring Sanskrit pronunciation.
- Understand the significance of this hymn.
- Learn the significance of Śivarātri.
- Prepare for your sādhana which you can offer during Śivarātri.
All levels – some background in Sanskrit chanting will be useful, but beginners are most welcome! This is not Veda chanting, therefore more accessible to all levels.
€39 until 31 Dec, €49 from 1 Jan : including live workshop + replay (permanent access) + workbook + audio lessons for learning.
(For students facing financial constraints, please write to me for a donation based participation)
Course platform & resources:
- Workshop will be taught on Zoom. If the time/schedule of this class is not suitable, replay of the entire workshop will be made available.
- Workbook is provided with text – in English transliteration & Devanāgari along with meaning.
- All students will receive lifetime access to a self-paced course with workshop recording & additional learning resources.