Practice practicalities – women, rṣikā-s, brahmavādini-s
February 27 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Monday 27 February
11am NY | 5pm Brussels | 9.30pm India
1 hour FREE class
Replay will be sent to registered participants
Everyone is welcome to this class, not only for women!
When our practices are aligned with a lineage, we receive clear instructions, allowing a distraction free sādhana to guide our lives. In the Veda, we know of many Ṛṣikā-s (women seers) as well as Brahmavādini-s (women teachers). Women practitioners are sometimes faced with these questions:
- Are women allowed to chant Veda?
- Women are not allowed to chant the Gāyatrī mantra, what is your advice on this?
- What are the instructions for practice during menstruation?
- Are there any instructions for women during peri/menopause?
- Can I practice Vedic chanting while I’m pregnant?
Join me for this FREE class where I will introduce the role of women in Vedic times (as evidenced in the Veda) and address these frequently asked questions. If you would like further questions addressed, send them in to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to include it in this class or in a future class!
Note: None of these instructions are to be understood as “health” advice. These are simply general instructions we receive for women practitioners. Consult with your yoga therapist, āyurveda physician or your health care provider for your specific issues.