- This event has passed.
Liṅgāṣṭakam – Śiva as liṅga – a workshop
March 4 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm€49
Liṅgāṣṭakam – Śiva as Liṅga
Saturday March 04
10am NY | 4pm Brussels | 8.30pm India
2 hours workshop
Liṅgāṣṭakam is an octet (8 verses) offering salutations to Śiva in the form of Liṅga, the source of all creation. We praise Śiva the divine, as creator and creation, manifest and unmanifest, in the Liṅga.
Join me to learn these 8 verses, understand their significance in prayer is and offer your sādhana to Lord Śiva. You will have resources to continue practising after the workshop.
At the end of this weekend workshop, you will:
- Learn the hymn Liṅgāṣṭakam – following chandas (meter) and honouring Sanskrit pronunciation.
- Understand the significance of this hymn.
- Prepare for your sādhana which you can offer during Śivarātri each month.
All levels – some background in Sanskrit chanting will be useful, but beginners are most welcome! This is not Veda chanting, therefore more accessible to all levels.
€49 : including live workshop + replay (permanent access) + workbook + audio lessons for learning.
(For students facing financial constraints, please write to me for a donation based participation)
Course platform & resources:
- Workshop will be taught on Zoom. If the time/schedule of this class is not suitable, replay of the entire workshop will be made available.
- Workbook is provided with text – in English transliteration & Devanāgari along with meaning.
- All students will receive lifetime access to a self-paced course with workshop recording & additional learning resources.