- This event has passed.
Sunday workshop: Developing your will power
February 16, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm€90
Pic: © ARAVIND TEK shutterstock
Agni is the most important, the most universal of the Vedic gods. The Rig Veda begins with a hymn to Agni. According to tradition, the japa or conscious repetition of this hymn reveals the knowledge Agni stands for.
The physical flame of Agni gives light all through the night amidst darkness and impels human beings to study or work. Similarly, the Divine Power of Agni is residing in every human being and pushing him towards progress.. Agni is the Divine Power or Will united with wisdom.
Agni is the mental force, will power, necessary for all action. it is Agni who makes the Divine knowledge of the Sun accessible to human beings.
Join us for this Sunday workshop to learn the first hymn of 9 mantras in the Rig Veda dedicated to Agni. This hymn can be cultivated to be a beautiful daily practice, developing the power of the will within us, allowing us to do our work with supreme aspiration and keeping us untiringly on the path of yoga.
This course is suitable for all levels and beginners are very welcome! This is an especially wonderful course for aspiring yogīs and yoginīs. We will learn word by word the recitation, including all nuances of Vedic phonetics and pronunciation and its meaning.
10AM – 11AM
– Introduction to Rig Veda and Vedic deities.
– Mantras 1, 2 & 3 recitation & phonetics
11.00-11.15 : break
11.15 – 12.30PM
– Mantras 1, 2 & 3 – meaning
– Mantras 4 & 5, recitation & phonetics
12.30 – 2PM – Lunch
– Not included in workshop fee
– Set menu will be organised at nearby Vegan restaurant
– To be paid directly to the restaurant
– Registered participants will receive details of menu & price
– You may also bring your own (vegetarian only) lunch if you prefer
2.00PM – 3.00PM
– Mantras 4 & 5 meaning
– Mantras 6 & 7, recitation & phonetics
3.00-3.15PM – break
3.15PM – 4.30PM
– Mantra 6 & 7 meaning
– Mantra 8 & 9, recitation, phonetics & meaning
– Full mantra adhyayanam (practice)
Workshop fee: 90EUR
Your workshop fee includes:
– A workbook, with the text for chanting, Vedic phonetics & meaning
– Complementary copy of “Why Read Rig Veda” – a compact book by my teacher Dr.R.L.Kashyap
– Lifetime access to online course material with recordings – audio & video to help continue practice
– Option to submit a recording for feedback through the online course
– Herbal teas & healthy snack/fruit during breaks
Your workshop fee does not include: Your lunch!
If you have any questions, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration mandatory to attend the workshop (Beginners welcome!). Invoice/receipt will be sent automatically to participants who register.
The course is suitable for all levels and beginners are welcome. We will go over the recitation word by word, with all nuances of Vedic phonetics discussed for your clarity and knowledge. Deeper meaning of the hymn will be explained.