- This event has passed.
Sunday workshop: Yoga Sūtras chapter 1 (Samādhi Pāda) – cancelled!
April 26 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm€90
A one day workshop to help you get started with the study of the Yoga Sūtras of Patañjali. This seminal text on Yoga, especially the first chapter, can seem cryptic and intimidating with all its Sanskrit terminology, seemingly complex concepts and practices not seen in our own experience of learning ‘yoga’.
Through this workshop, you will have an introduction to some of the key concepts to get you started with studying Chapter 1, Samādhi Pāda, complete absorption. You will also experience a traditional method of study, through chanting the Sūtras and then exploring the key concepts through succinct explanations.
Some of the famous words from this text : Citta, Vṛtti, Śraddha, Īśvara & the most popular Samādhi, you will come to understand in simple, relatable & logical ways. We will end the workshop with Oṃ chanting.
10AM – 11AM
– Introduction to Sūtra literature
– Who is Patañjali? Invocation to Patañjali
– How to study the Yoga Sūtras?
11.00-11.15 : break
11.15 – 12.30PM
– Definition of Yoga & Vṛtti-s
– Chanting relevant Sūtras
– Why do we chant the Sūtras?
12.30 – 2PM – Lunch
– Not included in workshop fee
– Set menu will be organised at nearby Vegan restaurant
– To be paid directly to the restaurant
– Registered participants will receive details of menu & price
– You may also bring your own (vegetarian only) lunch if you prefer
2.00PM – 3.00PM
– Key concept – Śraddha ; chanting relevant Sūtras
– Key concept – Īśvara ; chanting relevant Sūtras
3.00-3.15PM – break
3.15PM – 4.30PM
– Obstacles to practising Yoga
– What is Samādhī?
– Oṃ chanting
Workshop fee: 90EUR
Your workshop fee includes:
– A workbook, with the text for chanting
– Access to the full online Yoga Sūtras chapter 1 course at 50% of the full fee (optional of course)
– Herbal teas & healthy snack/fruit during breaks
Your workshop fee does not include: Your lunch!
If you have any questions, email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration mandatory to attend the workshop (Beginners welcome!). Invoice/receipt will be sent automatically to participants who register.
The course is especially suitable for beginners and all aspiring yogī-s.